Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Should Have Know because the Horoscope Told Me.


Lady1: I get on the bus today and realize that i left my umbrella in my locker. What kind of dumb luck do i have ?
Lady2: Yea? Well that must suck.
Lady1: I should have known too, you know, I read the horoscope this morning ans BAM just like it said. I would be flustered and forget important details. An umbrella is an important detail.


I had my music earphones on, but the music turned off. On my way back from my volunteer job yesterday I heard a lot of long conversations; this being one of them. Two women sitting across from each other on the subway went on and on in pointless conversation and then i heard this little part which mad me think. Do we really believe in our horoscopes ? Astrology is amazing and i would love to think that i am a kindhearted loyal person because I'm a cancer but come on!! Those things we read in the papers every morning aren't even original let alone true.

Most people's knowledge pf astrology is through "Sun Sign" astrology which is the type that we read in the newspapers where astrologers pretend to tell people what their day is going to be like based on their zodiac sign.
Do we really think that newspapers hire journalists, editors, publishers, oh and don't forget the astrologers?! Really? Horoscopes are great entertainment for people because it tells them what hey want to hear. Most of the time however they are so vague that the reader can't even understand what the horoscope is saying. I'm not completely cynical and i do read my horoscope once in a while, but i don't go as far as following it religiously like this woman. She went as far as to blame herself for a human gesture (forgetfulness) seeing as her horoscope warned her. I'm sure that's exactly what her horoscope meant.

1 comment:

  1. I must be the same sign because I forget my umbrella all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete