Thursday, April 2, 2009

Sun Burn Gets the Best of Teen

  • The purpose of this piece is to warn people about the dangers of not using sun screen.
  • The audience is anyone between 18-100.


Ermela Pearson is struggling to cope with her irritated skin since she came back from a vacation in Cuba.

"I warned her. I warned her 20 times every day to wear sun screen but nooooo. She thought she was smarter I guess and decided not to. This is what she gets for it." Said her concerned mother about the condition of her daughter’s sunburned skin.

Ermela seems to have left for Cuba for a week, and now that she has returned, she is red like a lobster. Experts say that the best bet for bad sunburn is "after sunburn cream". This is supposed to sooth her skin and allows it to heal so that the irritation is no longer present. However when we spoke to Ermela earlier this morning, she denied the fact that she did not wear sunscreen.

“I put on 30SPF sunscreen every day before I went to the beach and I still got sunburned!! I have lost faith in all sorts of creams! I am not going to try anything, Ill just let my skin heal on its own."

Experts say that not applying anything to sooth the burned skin could be dangerous. "It could lead to troubles with sleeping and the pealing of the skin making it all blotchy." says Dr. Symons, a skin specialist at St. Michael’s hospital.



No comments:

Post a Comment