Saturday, April 4, 2009

Expectations

  • The purpose of this peice is to write a monologue from the prespective of the character
  • This monologue is intended for audiences between the ages of 10 - 17

She has big eyes. Real big eyes. Like the kind you see on those bugs on cartoons. And she blinks fast. Real fast. And her head is big. Or maybe it’s just her hair that's big. I can’t tell the difference.

She put me here and people have been coming in and out looking at me. I don't feel any different from any other baby, except for maybe a little stuffier at the moment. This suit. It’s not one of my favorites.

She keeps talking a lot but I can’t really distinguish between the words. Everyone keeps saying "waappy wawaween" as if I'm supposed to know what that means. I wish I was in on the secret. Instead I just stare back.

What does she want me to do ? I can barely move in this thing but she looks at me as if she’s expecting me to do something. Should I stick my tongue out ? It’s about the only thing I can move right now anyway. Should I dance ? I like to dance but not in this. I look like a leprechaun.

I need to find a way outta this thing.

This shouldn’t be too hard. Maybe if I cry, she’ll come change me.

Let’s give it a shot.

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH”





1 comment:

  1. This is very cute. i love how you made it from the babies perspective and kind of use some of the babies dialex into it veru nice!!

    ReplyDelete