- The purpose of this conversation is to explore a different character with a different personality expressed in their speech.
- This dialogue is intended for audiences between 18-50
Adela enters the coffee shop holding a drenched umbrella in he hand. She spots Elvis Presley sitting in the corner table with a late in his hand and waves maniacally.
A: Hey! Sorry I'm late!
E: (with an easy, friendly smile) Its OK dollface, I hope you don’t mind I already sat down.
A: It's raining cats and dogs outside, it took me a while to get an umbrella and then i had to run here and…well I hope you haven’t been waiting for too long.
E: It doesn’t matter dollface, your sure worth waiting for.
A: (with a big smile, then looking down at the table) Thanks! I really did try to get here on time, It isn't usually like me to be late, I ...
E :( looking uneasy at the apologetic face) erg, How bout I get you something to drink? You don’t look to dry but a good drink is always good for ya.
A: Yes please, that would be nice. I usually get a strawberries and cream frappuccino, with whipped cream.
E: coming right up!
(Elvis heads to the front counter and buys the frappuccino. He then returns to the table and pushes it towards Adela)
A: Thanks, your really sweet.
E: (smiling, proud of himself) what can I say.
A: So how did the show go last night? I man I heard some good things and I saw your manager today walking down the street but that man gives me the creeps !
E: It was a good show darling but don’t criticize what you don’t understand. You never walked in that man’s shoes giving you no right to call him creepy.
A: I'm sorry I didn’t mean it in an offensive way... I...
E :( fidgeting with his coffee) it’s fine darling, I wish you could have been there to see the show last night.
A: Yea, I wish I could move the way you do! I can’t even compare. How do you dance so well?
E: Some people tap their feet, some people snap their fingers, and some people sway back and forth. I just sorta do ‘em all together, I guess.
A: (excitedly) hey, do you think maybe you could teach me a few moves?
E: Sure thing dollface. Finish up that coffee and let’s boogie on outta here.
(Adela gathers her stuff and follows Elvis as he leaves the building)

No comments:
Post a Comment