Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Crying to Confucius

  • The purpose of this piece is to illustrate a conversation with a well known person.
  • This piece is intended for audiences between 17-25

(Adela starts to sprint as she see him walking towards her)

C:(as he is approaching) By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

(Adela throws herself at him as he closes the gap between them)

C:There there child, it'll be ok. I'm sure worst things have happened in the world.

A: No NO NO NOO. I can't believed he dumped me!

C: (with a worried look on his face) There shall be others just like him. You must learn to take rejection a lot better than this if you plan on living in the real world. Now, where shall we sit? It is a very big park...

A: (pointing to a bench near by) There , that's fine. I need some of your wisdom right about now.

C:( as he scratches his head)
Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.

A:( with a shocked tone) are you saying I'm flawed ?!?!

C:(chuckling) I am saying that it is better to be so. Don't you see that it is our imperfections that make us who we are. If that boy could not see that , then HE is the one mistaken.

A: That makes sense I guess. But he was just so nice !

C: How nice could he have been if he is making you cry in such a way?

A: ( with a hint of a simle) Your right. Maybe He isnt who i thought he was...

C: as often the case is with people.

A: How did you get to be so wise, master Confucius??

C: It took a lot of life experience for me to get to where i am today. I too was a foolish young child at one point.

A:( laughing) Ha ha, I guess that means that I'm not a lost cause after all ?

C:It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment