- The purpose of this piece is to vent on the lack of entertainment that my ipod provides me with.
- This is intended for anyone willing/forced to read =)
On a bus ride to her volunteer job today, Adela's Ipod ran out of battery once again. This is the third time that she had forgotten to charge it and was left stranded with nothing to keep her busy on a long, lonely ride.
The young teenager hopped on the bus at 3:15 pm, as soon as school was out. She opened her backpack and reached for the well known music device, the ipod, in hopes of entertaining herself on her long ride to Sheppard and Kennedy.
" I held it in my hand, and it just wouldn't start ! I had my headphones on too so i felt soo silly ! I had to put them back in my bag and go through the trouble of rolling them up again. This thing is soo unreliable." Vented the youth.
Indeed, this device has shown a great lack of co-operation with the young teen. Adela's mother was willing to testify that she had seen the ipod "charging" the night before, " Yes, poor girl. She relies on it so much and time after time , though it says the battery is fully charged, it gives up on her. It's a shame really, she spent her first paycheck ever on that." Her mother sounded rightfully concerned for her daughters lack of entertainment.
"It's her own fault she spent money on that piece of cr.. , well you know. Anyway, she takes that thing everywhere, I'm surprised it's still alive." Informs Adela's older sister. Of course Adela failed to mention her extensive use of the product but none the less this remains a tragic story. It is unbelievable how products have become so necessary in our lives. Going from place to place, the long distance that has to be traveled in such a large city, has made it impossible to pass the time without a good book or a music device.
All we can do is hope that these devices don't die on us and leave us hanging.

Very well written, Aidella. I so feel your pain about the iPod thing. They certainly like to fail.
ReplyDeleteOh, I forgot to add that you should watch your grammar and capitalization. You also need to watch on the typos.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jill :). Could you let me know a sentence or two where I made some mistakes so i could fix them ? I caught some but I'm not sure if that's all there is...
ReplyDelete